Telegram How To...
Telegram sites are rendered using Hoisted to convert the HTML, XML, and Markdown files into a bunch of HTML files that make up a coherent whole web site.
These pages are here to answer questions and help you make the most of Telegram.
- Change the page footer
- Change the template
- Add a Twitter Feed
- Host a custom domain
- See my site locally
There are a series of core concepts in the way Hoisted/Telegram works:
- Site Body The collection of documents that make up the site
- Extra Info is data contained in a document, but it's not displayed to the user (although Extra Info can change the way a page is displayed.) Extra Info may also be called Metadata or Properties.
- Templates Templates define how a site looks… the stuff that goes on every page like menus, links to the CSS style and such. Hoisted and Telegram allow templates to be included in the site body or external to the site body.
- Snippets HTML pages are made up of DOM
which is manipulated and re-written based on program rules. The rules for re-writing DOM elements
based on data external to the page are called snippets. Snippets include rewriting the
<title>tag to insert the title of a page or writing out menu items.
- CSS Transforms Rules for transforming DOM elements based on selecting the elements based on a subset of CSS Selectors and then modifying the DOM elements.